Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Xing Hua (兴化)Seafood Restaurant - Kitchener Road (1 Dec)

Finally, the last in my list of backlog!

My uncle was away on a holiday over the weekends, so I borrowed his car ha! With a car, we decided to venture further beyond our Jurong nest, to Serangoon. We had dinner at this famous Xing Hua Seafood Restaurant at Kitchener Road. VERY crowded!! We waited more than 1/2hr before we could get seats. But as we could pre-order before sitting, we were served quite immediately after we sat down! Ha!!

Anyway, we realised it wasn't that particular Xing Hua Seafood Restaurant we wanted to go, which should be at Race Course Road ;( Still, we tried some of their signature dishes loh... like the fried mee hoon and lor mee which costs only $4 each.


The other was a vege dish with 皮蛋 and 咸蛋 - quite common in other chinese restaurant like Crystal Jade. We also order this fried duck with yam. Not too bad, but my hubby said the duck eat not fragrant enough ha!!


Overall, the noodles and dishes were quite good but I'd like to try the authentic one at Race Course Road, one day... one fine day......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this Pu Tien, the one with the orange signboard, upstairs and downstairs (not the corner shop)? They are my fav xing hua food liao. My mum is xing hua so I've been eating there since it was only a coffee shop.

But nowadays too crowded already. Other places, one or two dishes might be better but I think Pu Tien overall food standard is better and still good value.

tiramisho said...

Yup, they called themselves Pu Tien Xing Hua or something. But the authentic one is at Race Course Road, I think.