Tuesday, May 1, 2007

家香Kuching Kolo Mee (30 Apr)

Talk about Kolo Mee in my hometown, the Kuching one certainly is different. New kid on the block, this Kuching Kolo Mee shop has opened 2 outlets (so far); one at Vivocity and another at Marina Square. (Added on 4 May: Oops.. my colleague said they have 4 outlets actually.. paiseh.. haha ;p)

Hubby and I ate from the one at Marina Square. We ordered 2 bowls of the normal Kolo Mee (S$5.90 each), a bowl of fish soup (S$7.90) and a plate of vegetable with abalone slices (S$6.90).

For a simple bowl of mee that comes with a portion of minced meat, prawn and char siew, and a small bowl of soup with dumpling & prawn, $5.90 seems a bit on the high.. But, generally, the ingredients were rather fresh, whether prawns or fish slices. As for the vege, we think the abalone slices are top shell rather ;p

Anyway, the food is tasty (read: doesn't mean delicious, at least according to my standard hehe..). It's too salty for me. "Unfortunately", both of us felt really thirsty soon after. Arrr huh!! Ajinamoto did the trick, perhaps?!! ;p

Verdict: We're unlikely to try it a 2nd time. I prefer my Segamat Kolo Mee ;)

No comments: