Friday, May 11, 2007

Miharu Sapporo Ramen @ Gallery Hotel (11 May)

I've long heard about this particular ramen restaurant. Or perhaps it was when the Gallery Hotel was first set-up. It's a very small set-up, with limited seatings within the restaurant as well as outside, non-aircon area. There are not many variety on their menu, and I believe the pork is their signature dish cos you see the pork piece in every of their noodle dishes haha!!

For this dish with 4 slices of (slightly chilled) pork (sprinkled with sesame seed) on top of bean sprout, you pay S$7.00. The pork tasted quite ok – tender with a small portion of fat. Oops! Darn! That little bit of fat will be transferred onto my body!! Hahah!!

For their bowl of ramen (miso soup base), it will cost you S$12.50. Think it's a bit over-priced for a simple bowl of ramen and just one slice of pork. But I must warn you – the… soup… was… just…too…salty!!!! Hmm.. ok, if you have read my previous posts, you'd realise that I seemed to comment how all the food I've had were salty haha!! Ok, I am not a "bland" person. Even my hubby, who likes to take salty food, finds the soup base extremely salty! So, my comments cannot be that biased right? Hahaha!! Actually, we've also watched some programmes on TV which revealed that Sapporo's miso soup base is generally more salty. Anyhow, while we were paying up, we asked the waitress if this was true. YES, she replied. BUT she also added that customers can request for clear soup to mix the miso soup. ARRRGGHHH!! We asked about it too late!! *sigh…*

Verdict: We think it’s over-hyped. Personally, even if the soup base wasn’t that salty, I didn’t think it tasted that great either ;p. So, the likelihood of a repeat visit is very low, if not none. In fact, Gallery Hotel is quite inaccessible if one do not drive. Anyway, if you wanna give it a go, do REMEMBER to ask for the clear soup hoh!!! Oh, one more note – it’s closed on Wednesdays ;)

No comments: