Friday, May 11, 2007

Waraku Restaurant @ Cuppage Centre (10 May)

I had a dinner gathering with poly classmates at Waraku, a mid-range japanese restaurant, which I've also heard about from my colleague, D.Gan. He said the food is not too bad.

Feeling very hungry, all of us ordered set meal, with the highest at S$19.80. See the picture with an empty bowl? That was mine! Haha!! I chose the miso soup base with beef. The soup base was too salty for my liking.. and the beef.. err.. I find it too springy lah.. haha!! The beef just didn't disintegrate no matter how much I chewed!!

The other dish my friend ordered was soba in creamy sauce. Imagine japanese noodle in white pasta sauce - and in a BIG BIG bowl!! Just by looking at the size of the bowl already can make you feel full, what more the creamy sauce.

We only ordered one side dish - grilled cuttlefish, which was not too bad. I like (*big grin*)! Can't remember how much it costs but not too cheap either. Its free flow of green tea is S$1 per person. Browsing through the menu, we realised the sashimi isn't cheap. I hope they are good! Hmm.. somehow, I don't have much inspiration to write about Waraku. Perhaps the catching up was more enjoyable than the food ;p

Verdict: I may return, to try other dishes. But, no hurry.. not terribly excited about it ;p

No comments: