Saturday, September 1, 2007

Ho Chi Minh City (18-20 Aug)

This was a work trip which our Office represented the Faculty at an Education Fair. It is also my 2nd trip to Ho Chi Minh, and coincidentally, I stayed at the same hotel as I did last year when I went for holiday. Hence, it wasn’t exactly very exciting lah haha!! But I did look forward to eating the Vietnamese noodle, Pho24!! http://www.pho24.com.vn/index.php


And so, it became the first meal when we reached Ho Chi Minh. For VND50,000 (~ S$5) a meal, you get a bowl of yummalicious Vietnamese noodle and a glass of fruit juice. It was really very good!! I haven't been able to find one as good in Singapore ;(. Unable to resist it, I had it as supper on the next day, also the night before we left ;p
Other than the commercialized Pho, our local partner in Vietnam took us to a small coffeeshop which served Hanoi food: a bowl of “soup” which tasted sweet, sour and salty. It was not warm, just lukewarm served with meatballs. It was supposed to go with noodle, something like our 粗米粉. It was something unusual and quite appetizing actually.


Anyway, the trip was rather enjoyable – the one day Fair wasn’t tough at all as it wasn’t as overcrowded as we expected. There were even 2 sessions of coffee break haha!! No bad eh?? Heheh…. Also, though I went with boss, the experience wasn’t too bad lah… Off work, he’s actually a nice person and colleague (I still feel exasperated when we talk to him about work hahaha!!). We also had the company of 2 colleagues from another office, one of whom is very familiar with Ho Chi Minh, so he brought us around for food and shopping!!!

My next work trip – Mumbai, INDIA, in Oct!!! Gosh!!

1 comment:

tiramisho said...

Oh.. India trip postponed till next year Mar/Apr.. heng ar!!! Hahaha!!