Thursday, September 27, 2007

Back to Segamat (22-23 Sep)

Mr D Gan always teases me and says I graduated from "School of Segamat", which never in the first place existed hahah!! Ok, I was born in Segamat but I was bred and educated in Singapore mah... hahah!!

Everytime when I go back Segamat (a small town in Johor, apparently famous for liulians), nope, I don't go for liulians, rather it's the bak kut teh I'm in loovvvveee with! Another yummalicious dish in the town! My hubby wasn't very impressed though. He said perhaps I'm used to that nostalgic taste that I think that's the best bak kut teh I've tasted. Whatever it is, I still stand firm to this - "It's the best bak kut teh! I don't care!" hahahah!!

My dad will usually go to the market and buy the fritters to bring it there. Yes, we can do that. We can bring can of button mushroom or any item we think can be added into the soup. This time, my dad bought vegetables and got the stall owner to cook it hahaha!! There were 7 adults and 2 kids. We paid less than RM$50 ;)


Also attached some pictures of the backyard where my grandparents stay. She grows her own vegetables including lady fingers.

2 comments:

Mavis said...

the bak kut teh DOES look quite good. ah hock doesn't know how to appreciate lah... heh heh...
bring some back for your neighbour next time! *blink blink*

tiramisho said...

I'm sure it won't taste as good if tabao-ed.. somemore, it's 3hrs drive away leh.. hahaha!! Talking about it makes me hungry liao haha!!