Thursday, August 9, 2007

Happy 42nd Birthday, Singapore!

I am writing this as I watch the National Day Parade.. at home.. So sad!!! Though it is at the comfort of my own home, I really don’t mind being at the new floating platform, and be with everyone to enjoy the atmosphere… *sob*…. Actually, I haven’t been on-site at any of the previous National Day Parades. I only had one such similar experience performing at Singapore Youth Festival many many many years ago… And I really liked the feeling!!!!! That’s why I am upset my balloting wasn’t successful *sob*… *sigh*… neymind, next year try again….

I am not a Singaporean by nationality, but think I already feel like I am one, mentally hahah!! Such a disloyal Malaysian citizen right haha!! Cannot blame mah.. I grew up in Singapore and had my education here, right from Kindergarten leh… If you ask, “Why not convert to Singapore citizen then?” My reply will be “Not necessary yet, just in case if anything happens, I have a backup place to go.” Hahaha!! Such an ungrateful brat right??? Hahha!!

Watching how the performance went on so well, I really felt for the performers, be they students, members of public or the poor army guys… I believe it was months of sweat and hardship for them. I don’t know how they felt… Did they feel proud being able to perform in front of the entire nation, or did they feel like sh** having to go through hot, sticky and tough days of preparation? Whatever it was, I salute to these people!! WELL DONE!!

Arrrrhhhhhhhh the best part!!! Fireworks, of course!!!! And the good old national songs we’ve sung in the 10 years of our Primary and Secondary education!! It’s very strange, even after 20 years, we remember every word and tune! And all these songs are written and produced in such a way they never fail to raise goose pimples hahah!!

Anyway, I really thank God for this opportunity to be in Singapore. Thank God for watching over the nation - good leadership, prosperous and still growing nation, peaceful and harmonious country! And I will say this once again – I am contented ;)

HAPPY 42ND BIRTHDAY, SINGAPORE!

3 comments:

Mavis said...

u are amazing. hahaha...after reading your blog...all the way to the end.... makes me feel like standing up and saluting! hahaha.
-__-" no seriously. :P
I'm quite thankful to have been part of it for like 3-4 yrs in a row! heehee

Belinda + Zee said...

hey you got tagged again. This tag die die must do k. Coz we're all food lovers wahahahaha

As for the national day, we actually had a celebration in QUT where participants have to wear red and white LOL but I didn't go la kekeke coz have to pay :p

Tora said...

You're very cute leh, Chris. Reading your post, I think you're Singaporean already so change your passport leh...your husband and friends are Singaporeans lah. We are your back-up, but more importantly, God is our back-up! ;O) Happy National Day!!!