Monday, June 4, 2007

Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao (1 Jun)

I’m sure many of you are familiar with this Chinese restaurant which has quite a no. of outlets over the island. I have been there countless times but I’d like to just highlight and share with you guys the dishes I find really yummy!! Sorry, no pictures of my last visit cos I was too hungry and finished it up too quickly to take any photos haha!!

If you are not aware, set menus are available for customers. So, my hubby and I usually order the set menu for 2 that allow us to choose a cold dish, a side dish (there’s fish, meat and vegetables), a main course (fried rice or noodles) and a dim sum dish. If you and your partner are not BIG eaters, this set menu will be just perfect. Excluding drink, the set menu for 2 will cost you about $30 (incl. 5% GST).

Think we’ve tried almost all the different types of cold dishes (there are about 8 or 10 types.. can’t remember). As for side dish, I love the 酸菜鱼! Sorry, I forgot what its Chinese name is.. ;p but it’s a very appetising dish – fish slices with clear soup cooked with... err.. 酸菜 haha! We didn’t ask what type of fish slices they are but from the texture of the fish, we guess it could be cod fish. This is really a MUST TRY ok??!! For 2 persons, the serving of fried rice is more filling compared to the noodles. As for the dim sum, AIYOH!! Of course cannot leave out the 小笼包!It’s so juicy!! Did you watch a Chinese gourmet programme hosted by 曾国成 who recommended viewers how one should eat a小笼包? Basically, you bite off the top of the小笼包, suck and drink the soup within it (careful, it’s hot!) before eating the whole thing. Top it up with ginger & vinegar! YUMMM!!! Ma Ma Mia!!

Verdict: I’ve said it – MUST try, especially 酸菜鱼and 小笼包!

2 comments:

Belinda + Zee said...

The xiao long bao is pork right?

tiramisho said...

Yes, it's pork.. aiyah u "half-halah" cannot eat hoh haha!! Just try lah....!!