Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Marutama Ramen @ The Central (20 Jun)

If you are wondering where The Central is, it's the new shopping centre at Clarke Quay MRT.

Ms Adrianto and I met up for shopping but realised it's really not a good place to shop. Already I think Vivocity is quite complicated; this is worse! Lots of nooks and corners, difficult to enjoy shopping really... Nothing fantastic about the shops there too though we did buy something ;p

So, I'm finally coming to my main point haha! Marutama Ramen, a cosy little restaurant which serves Tokyo ramen. There was a queue when we were there. Wonder if people came after watching it featured on the Ch8 programme. Hmm.. at least I was haha!


The restaurant doesn't offer many options, and minimum per bowl of ramen is S$12 (subject to service charge). The one we had was chicken soup base ramen which came with only a slice of pork, some seaweed and spring onion. Though a bit pricey for a simple dish, the soup was YUMMY! The pork slice was very good too - very soft and smooth! Surely easily digestible haha! You can add side dishes like egg, extra slices of pork or radish at additional price, of course haha! Something I don't know if it's unique or strange is, they only serve three types of drinks. Wanna guess? Green tea? Nope! Haha! Ok, either plain water, beer or wine! That's all! *faint* haha!

Verdict: MUST try! Better than the sapporo ramen @ Gallery Hotel. Oops! Hehe.. I didn't get thirsty after the meal so I believe the soup base is "authentically" brewed? Haha! Oh, the chili powder they had wasn't spicy AT ALL! I added so much till the colour of my soup changed from brown-ish to red-ish, yet, it's still not spicy haha!

7 comments:

thefoosfamily said...

auntie, $12 can eat alot of other things leh.I trust it is nice, but $12 leh for a silce of meat, noddle and soup.If I eat there, MaFoo, KaFoo, KiFoo and me, that will be $36 at least.....

tiramisho said...

Uncle Foo, I oso know $12 is not cheap.. for me, once in a blue moon ok lah... hehe..

Belinda + Zee said...

It looks yummy! But $12 is too expensive. Can eat at least 4 plates of chicken rice kekekekeke. Got anything without pork on the menu?

Tora said...

Wah, I salivating oreadi hor.....*drip, drip, drip*
I wanna eat! I think my list of "must-eats" the next time we are in Singapore is getting longer...and longer.
Thanks for taste-testing the dishes first, Chris! ;O)

tiramisho said...

Yes, Liwan, you can choose the seaweed only ramen and then add non-pork side dishes ;)

tiramisho said...

Hey Vic, no problem! Good food must share hehe...

Mavis said...

oh no! now i know why that name looked so familar! i went to Waruku @ The Central too... yummy! i think over all price is a little pricer than Marutama.