Monday, January 14, 2008

Traders Hotel, KL (11-13 Jan)

Had the opportunity to stay at Traders Hotel in KL because of a business trip hehee... that's the lovely part of a business trip - free flight, free accommodation and sometimes free meals from boss!! Hahaha!! But that also means hard work leh... but so far ok lah.. can be tiring but not killing ;p

Ooh!! This was the first time I fly alone! And when I fly, I always like to take the window seat, cos I love to look out when the plane takes off and touches down, and enjoy the amazement and wonders of the plane, made possible by engineers!! The best part is when the plane moves just above the layers of clouds. EVERYTIME without fail, I get emo about this - seeing how magnificient the sky and horizon is, and the cottony layers of clouds.. these are really really marvelous & magnificient sights!! Simply beyond what words can describe!! The AWESOME creations of God!!

It's also the first time I fly to KL cos usually I'd take coach. Hence, when I arrived at KLIA, I didn't know that the departure & arrival halls require a short ride on the Aerotrain (or what we call the Skytrain in Singapore) to the immigration/ check-in areas. So, as usual, I just followed the crowd hahaha!! People rushed on the Aerotrain, I also went on. People walked to Immigration area, I also followed hahah!!!

Ok, on the hotel. Traders Hotel, if you haven't known, is under the Shangri-la group, so what do you think?? It was great!!! Fantastic!! No complaints!! It wasn't the best I've stayed at KL but it was fantastic! The corporate rate cost us S$177 nett per night inclusive of breakfast - quite reasonable right? I stayed for 2 nights as I had to do booth set-up the day prior to the fair, which wasn't tough as the booth was quite nicely done up already ;)


Here are some photos of Traders Hotel:

Check-in area on the 5th floor of the hotel
My SUPER-DUPER comfy king size bed!!

Working desk and don't-know-how-many-inch Samsung flat panel TV


The bathroom - I had a good soak!!

Lollipop on the towel
Set of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel

View from my room on the 21st floor

Breakfast area - very good variety & spread!!



Sky Bar - pool. I LOVE it!! But no, I didn't use...



KL Twin Towers


Talk about the hotels I've stayed in KL, here's my ranking (based on overall experience):
1. Mandarin Oriental - needless to say
2. Marriott & Traders (same)
3. Crowne Plaza
4. Impiana
5. Parkroyal
6. Istana
7. Coronade

With budget consideration, Impiana is the best option. See my earlier blog on it http://tiramisho.blogspot.com/2007/07/kl-mega-sale-30jun-3jul_06.html

7 comments:

Mavis said...

wah! very nice!
how come work in NUS get to travel so much! i wanna come over. Got space?

HR.......H-R!!!!

(btw i left a msg on the previous post)

tiramisho said...

Not that much mah... since I joined, I've only been to Vietnam and KL lah, though more to come...

And YES, you are most welcome to join NUS. That means I get to car pool hahaha!!! See, at least I didn't say free ride hoh!! Hahah!!

Mavis said...

sickening....

u never say if there's space in HR - T&D?

oh oh....tell vic to visit home again!! then we can have games night!

eh....YA, since u joined?!! at least u travelled. better than nothing man.... better than nothing.

tiramisho said...

Tsk!! You go the the Job Opportunities page on the website lah.. I don't work in HR leh, how I know if there's vacancy. Tsk!

Mavis said...

u can help me ask maaaah...
:P

hahahaha chris chris!! miss chatting with u man. i should pass u the plastic cup with string... hahaha

tiramisho said...

Tsk!! Check website lah.. Not as though HR is in the same office as I am ;p

Yes, maybe we should try the good old way of communication hahah!!

Aiyah you super busy woman... that's why lah...

Anonymous said...

People should read this.