Friday, January 11, 2008

Feeling the taxi (fare) pinch...

Anyone of you taken taxi recently and got a shock from the new increased fare?? I knew there was going to be changes or rather increase in taxi fare but got a BIG shock when I hopped on a cab in town after 10pm to be slapped with a $3 surcharge!! Apparently, this is applicable from 5pm all the way to midnight and from Mon-Sat!!! My goodness!! Thought such surcharge should end by 9pm mah...??? DARN!!

Also, if you have noticed, or perhaps it's just me, there are more empty cabs running around now, right?? Especially in the mornings when I am going work, whenever I walk onto the roads, cabs will start slowing down.. no no, I didn't even look at them or look like I needed a cab.. so whenever these cabs slow down or even stop, I had to wave and signal that I am not taking cab!

I used to take cabs home after night out with friends but now I have to really think twice, or bear with taking MRT to Lakeside before hoping on a cab. So friends, please, let's not have our gathering in town anymore hahaha!! Anywhere else outside CBD is appreciated!! Hahah!!

Feeling the pinch... but what to do....??? If we have to take, we have to right??? I suppose this is still anytime cheaper than owning a car hoh??? Yes... self-assurance... Hahahha!!

Here's the new fare, if you haven't already know...

Basic flag down fare
$2.80 - $3.20 depending on the type of taxi you got onto

Midnight surcharge
50% of metered fare from 12am to 5.59am

Peak hour surcharge
35% of metered fare Mon-Fri 7-9.30am, Mon-Sat 5-8pm
This is the BIG KILLER!!

CBD surcharge
$3 from 5pm-midnight. Another murderer!!

!#$%^^&*()*#$&^#$&*^%

5 comments:

Mavis said...

i also got a HUGE shock man. I had to blink my eyes a few times before daring to ask the uncle "er... how come jump so much ah?"

i didn't even know there was an increase! actually... at where WE stay, a car might be better. haha

Tora said...

Chris, maybe Mavis and you can share a car? =P
But I didn't know peak hour surcharge is 35% of the fare - that's really ridiculous!!!!

tiramisho said...

Hi Vic, that's provided we will be out at the same time.. and if we do, I'd get to sit in her car, so I don't have to take cab hahah!!! Talking about that, can I ask Mavis to join us for games this Fri? Hahaha!!!

Mavis said...

looks like the outing on fri no go huh.

NO WONDER chris asked me to go. CHEY! all you want is my car right, miss sho? told u to take manual license.

hey! why don't i borrow fun games from my friends...then u guys can go someones house to play...cheaper that way! (must save for cab fare. haha)

tiramisho said...

Well, travelling home from wherever the person's place is = cab hahah!!

BTW, Vic will be gg back to Victoria on 23 Jan leh..