Thursday, March 27, 2008

The amazing clouds!


Took these pictures on campus cos I realised I seldom see this kinda cloud formation. Or is it just that I haven't been out to notice much?? Hahah!! Sorry, think my mobile phone's camera did not do justice to the clear blue sky it was suppose to be.

Curious, I ran through a search on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clouds and found that this is called "altocumulus mackerel sky"and that it is called "mackerel sky" cos it is similar to the markings of an adult king mackerel (err.. I say.. "where got???")

"Altocumulus mackerel sky" falls within what is commonly classified as "middle clouds" as they develop between 6,500 and 20,000 feet.

Anyway, very nice hoh....??? Heheee....

This was taken in the evening (about 7.30pm) on the same day... another different formation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it only means a few thing... u are in the office too long, you start work very early and ends very late,(so can only see stars) you look down most of the time, you wear sunglass all the time. i love clouds. they are never the same. They changes in shape and colours. Their colours are determined by the Sun. I always think of it this way, we are like clouds and God is the sun. We reflect His glory.
frank foo