Saturday, December 27, 2008

上海浦东小馆 Pudong Kitchen (25 Dec)

Chinese meal for lunch on Christmas day after church service. This little restaurant is hardly "attractive" and not noticeable by many except for frequent customers (address: 271 Bukit Timah Road, #B1-02 Balmoral Plaza, diagonally opposite the ACS Barker Road. Open Mon-Sun, 11am-2.30pm and 5.30-9.30pm. Tel: 6732 8966).

We didn't know what to eat for lunch (as usual haha!) and didn't want to go Orchard on Christmas day. So we headed over to Balmoral Plaza as my hubby read that there was a Chinese restaurant which served authentic Shanghai food.

Indeed good, the meal was! Will recommend all to go and try ;) I asked my hubby to go check with in-laws to see if they'd like to eat at this restaurant on eve of CNY hehehe hahah!! The staff said reservations need to be made for CNY when they would be open every day, even on eve, day 1 and day 2 of CNY.

Cold dish - can't remember the name.. some "Ham Hock" thinggi hahah! We both like this! I seldom eat or like cold pork but this was good! Not too salty and you won't feel like you're eating a piece of "oil" hahah!

小笼包 - yummy soup! Skin abit thick but I like haha!

锅贴 - the ingredient within was good! The meat within has been marinated with some dark sauce I think, so it looked dark, not the usual white meat (if you know what I mean hehe). Plenty of soup within the skin too!

Sweet & sour soup - a bit too salty for me but my hubby like (as usual)

Pork chop noodle or 大排面 - I was expecting pork rib but came a pork cutlet which was all the better cos it was easy to eat mah hehe.. the pork cutlet was not too bad but the noodle was too soft and soup a bit bland lah..
干煸四季豆 - nicely stir-fried, retaining the moist within the vege (not as dry as what I have tasted at other restaurants before). A bit spicy due to the chilli, and too salty for me too.. hehe..

Total cost: S$48.80 for the above including chinese tea (S$1/pax). Will go back again!

No comments: